Genre : Adventure, RTS
View : 2D Isometric
Players : Singleplayer
Editor : Warcraft III Editor
Team Members : 30
Duration : 5 Days
‘The Mission’ is a 1-hour custom campaign mod created for the game “Warcraft III” as a part of an Intensive Week Project in our University.
This mod is about a Peasant rising against his oppressors for salvation of the kingdom. The project was completed by a team of 30 people over the course of 5 days.
- The mod is filled with 9 different levels, with different environments, different cut-scenes, character choices, balanced difficulty progression, and multiple puzzles.
- This mod is a unique blend between adventure and real-time-strategy.
Level Design, Quest Design, Cinematics, Campaign Balancing, and Documentation
From a big team of 30, I worked on 2 Levels for the 9 level campaign. I started our work from universe, then the cut-scenes of the story, then I followed to quest design for the story.
For the level design – I started from paper sketching, to Photoshop, to SketchUp 3D, to In-Engine editing.
Later, to manage the difficulty curve in the campaign, we together as a huge team planned all of it by using Excel and Trello.
Tools : Word, Excel, Photoshop, SketchUp, and Trello.
What Went Right?
- Experience of working in a big development team
- Implementation of work done
- Smooth development progress
- Rich learning experience
What Went Wrong?
- Could be better polished
- Linear for the most part